*
*
*
*
*

BEAUTY

I've been wanting to do a beauty post for a while, so I thought I'd 'top shelf' myself, and share a few of the products I love.  For hair I use mostly AvedaClove Shampoo and Conditioner are my favourites and what I use most often.  I'm so sick of my ombre, and the conditioner has almost gotten rid of it! As I hate getting my hair cut, I like to use the Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment and the Daily Hair Repair because these products keep the ends really moisturized and healthy.  For styling I use Bumble and Bumble Texture Hair (Un)Dressing Creme because I like my hair to look messy.  For hair spray use Aveda Air Control and for dry shampoo I'm obsessed with Oribe's Dry Texturizing Spray.  I wash my hair only about once a week, and I find these work wonders.
(Some photos I snipped out of some old issues of Russh - lots of hair inspiration in that magazine!)
For makeup I generally keep my look pretty natural (except in the lipstick department, where I love lots of colour).  I don't wear much eye makeup, but now that I'm growing out my bangs I wear mascara.  I just bought the Sublime de Chanel one and I'm pretty happy with it (and the packaging is so special).  The blush I'm wearing now is Nars Desire, and you really only need the smallest dab to get a really healthy glow.
Speaking of blush, I love this pretty story from issue two of The Gentlewoman. Pom-pom cheeks!


After wanting a Diptyque candle for a long time, I treated myself to one for my birthday (I turned 27 yesterday).  It was taking me forever to decide which to get, but a fancy woman going up the escalator super energetically shouted down, "Get the Feu de Bois!"  My friend and I found this hilarious - and that was the one that came home with me.  So exquisite.
 Another spread I liked from issue two of The Gentlewoman.  

37 comments:

  1. Best top shelf.
    I have the same Gentlewoman spreads cut out, so good. I always love your lipstick selection and I want to run out to by NARS Desire! thanks for the peek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! ♪(*^^)o∀*∀o(^^*)♪

    ReplyDelete
  3. loves this. Your photos are so cool.

    How are your makeup brushes by? I have MAC brushes and I find that they hold up for years.

    I'm going to get Nars Taj Mahal blush when I next go to Bloomingdales. It's a bright orange blush that so many blk beauty bloggers rave over.

    I have a Diptique candle too lol, I got it for 25% off a few years ago when everything was on sale. I've only used it a handful of times because it costs so much but the scent is very nice. I would like to buy the Tom Ford Tuscan Leather candle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see you have Chanel nail polish. Do you like the brush and consistency? I brought a bottle before and was really disapointed with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed, birthday girl certainly does have taste. Grattis from Copenhagen! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the birthday wishes!

    @ Chic Noir: My makeup brushes are by MAC and Aveda. I really like Chanel polish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your lipstick collection !

    ReplyDelete
  8. happy belated bday! holts is probably the best place to spend any birthday... :)

    on a post-related note, how do you like chloe's love (um, the scent)? i'm a big fan of the bottle, but haven't even stopped anywhere to test out the scent itself.

    ReplyDelete
  9. (I like your snake bracelet)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love that photo of anastasia barbieri from the gentlewoman, too. great inspiration for simplicity...and that ring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. (I like your snake bracelet)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Feu de Boise is the best Diptyque, fancy lady is right! Glad you treated yourself, happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE the "feu de bois" advice being yelled at you! I've always wanted one of those freaking candles too. How does it smell?? Please describe. also: Happy Birthday!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love these pictures on your walls . looks so pure and nice!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joyeux Anniversaire Katie!! ♥

    I know what you mean for the candle, they are pricey but hummm...Last year a friend offered me one from Laduree in Paris it smells so good! Now I would like to get one of the Monocle x Comme des garcons, did you ever smell then?

    ReplyDelete
  16. mmmh yes! now i am dreaming of a special place for my make-up and a shop that sells nars cosmetics in germany. offline, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this post. Congrats on the Feu de Bois & happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have had my eyes on a Diptyque for a while and think that it is the loveliest birthday gift for one's self!

    Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are beautiful! Happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderfully evocative photos! Le sigh...I keep trying to take pictures like this, do you use film? I've "top shelved" myself a few times, ha! It's a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your place is so lovely xxx
    http://thepsychofoxesdiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  22. lovely snapshots. Nars blushes are the ultimate :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beauteous collection... Nars blushes are also my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the gold basket that holds your brush. Where is it from?

    ReplyDelete
  25. where do you buy the gentlewoman in toronto?

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Katie! If you had to choose—would you go with Nars Desire or Gaeity?

    ReplyDelete