*
*
*
*
*

GETAWAY


On Saturday, Carlos and I met my parents in Niagra-on-the-Lake to celebrate their anniversary. Such a nice day it was: peaches, beautiful weather, delicious meals, and wiiiiine.


Enjoying my time at Peller Estates, post wine-tasting.


Marzipan break. I never eat marzipan, but it's kind of the best. As a child I used to love to get it when we came to Niagra-on-the-Lake.
At the end of the day, my parents treated us to tons of produce. Carlos and I were armed with bags of peaches, plums, tomatoes, green beans, and nectarines on our way back home. I want to make peach cake! Recipes?


I brought two of these fruit bags back from Merci (one for me, one for Mom).

And here's Carlos looking fresh, as always.

10 comments:

  1. Hello storyteller. Lots of fine and delicious things around in here. What´s the texture in these photos? Suits very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that looks like the perfect summer day!

    xx daily/weakly
    http://dailyweakly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey lady, PEACH COBBLER!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xdk_cfHA4o4

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So fun. I love those market bags! Leather handle, so luxurious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yummy! i love fresh ontario produce...i feel like it kicks all other produce's ass. (maybe i'm biased? haha) glad you guys had a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I made the cake in this blog post on Sunday: http://www.heartbreakpie.com/2011/03/each-peach-pear-plum.html
    It was really fantastic. It's for a plum cake, but I'm sure works with other fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very lovely post and there is such a nice softness in the flower pictures, looks like you had a very nice time

    ReplyDelete
  9. so beautiful...i love your mesh fruit bags!

    ReplyDelete