*
*
*
*
*

LATELY


It's been all top knots, KW shades, and pink lips.

And salad parties:
Carlos and I had some friends over last Saturday for backyard hangs. I made a million (5) salads, four of which were from the Rose Bakery cookbook. Still dreaming about/drooling over my visit there. Carrot and Seed Salad from the Rose Bakery cookbook:

Serves 6
1 cup sunflower seeds
1 tablespoon sunflower oil
pinch of salt
8 medium carrots, grated
1 handful chopped chives

For the dressing:
1/2 cup lemon juice
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon sugar
about 3 tablespoons sunflower oil or olive oil

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and, if you wish, mix the seeds with oil.

Season the seeds with the salt, and spread them evenly on a baking tray and bake for approximately 15 minutes till they are lightly roasted and crisp, turning frequently. Set aside to cool.

Place the carrots in a serving bowl.

To make the dressing, whisk together the lemon juice, salt, pepper and sugar in a bowl, then whisk in the oil. Check the seasoning - you may need more salt, sugar, or lemon juice.

Pour the dressing over the carrots and mix well.

Sprinkle with the chives and the cooled seeds.



Anabela snapped a picture of Erin and I looking swell and full of salads.
I've also been enjoying quiet/hot mornings on my back deck in which I take photos of my breakfast and reread The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle. I can't wait(!!!) for the English translation of Murakami's 1Q84 to be released here this fall. (Speaking of autumn releases, I'm also mega-excited for the new Jeffrey Eugenides book, The Marriage Plot.)
Also, this song is pretty much it.
Midnight City by M83

29 comments:

  1. mmmm those are might delicious looking salads!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it all. The salads, M83, Murakami. Plus, you look super sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my favourite Murakami books! And those salads look great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cannot for the life of me get my hair into a topknot. Yours is fab!

    I really want that cookbook.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this looks pretty enchanting... thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Salads look amazing! I'm so bad at coming up with salad combos, so thanks for the recipe! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh wow, those looks tasty. great share!

    ReplyDelete
  8. ohhh all this is making me hungry! i too, am excited for eugenides' new book! i loved virgin suicides, so i do hope this is will be a winner as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ohh the carrot salads looks so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. good post - sooooo summery! and you make me want to cut my bangs again! <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the bun + pink lips! You post some great recipes!
    xo

    http://girlcrushblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those mornings sound like bliss - and salad parties!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, lovely photos!
    I love Murakami's books ... he's so trippy! :)

    PS. Your salads look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The food all looks soooo tasty!

    I'm really digging your hair in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete
  15. salads look delicious! oh man, i can't wait for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am actually just about to start reading that book for the first time, so excited! Also, those salads look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. the rose bakery cookbook is probably my all time favourite. i've never had a bad experience with a recipe from it.

    your salad party looks too good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. This song is stuck in my head!
    Yum i look forward to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much for this recipe! I made it yesterday and it was SO good. I cannot wait to make it again. Love your blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. this recipe looks amazing!! i will have to try it as my salads are always a bit boring! Love your blog too!
    Jess x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Omg, the new Eugenides book is finally coming out?? It has only been like a bzillion years. How interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  22. gosh those fruit bowls look SO good. . . and so do those salas! perfect summer food.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Mmm the salad looks delicious! And i'm in love with your hair as well!

    xx

    http://whatwouldmarellado.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  24. a salad party. how perfect.

    (pleased to meet you)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Drooling over the rose Bakery carrot salad(google search) but the KW shades are killing me! karen walker? which ones
    mon dieu :(

    ReplyDelete