*
*
*
*
*

SUMMER LIVING


More Smitten Kitchen dining (as always). My parents came to visit last weekend and brought some things to spruce up our back deck. These peonies came from my mother's garden and have rotated around the apartment all week.

The Monkey's Paw is having an exhibition at 1080 Queen St. West. Really nice prints and an extensive collection of Penguin Classics.
Carlos and I also finally tried Porchetta and Co. (!!!) Just. so. good. TRUFFLE SAUCE every day, please.


I posted about Korean magazine Versus awhile ago, but I really love it. Lots of shade in our backyard!

First BBQ of the season. When my parents came, they also brought Carlos a little bbq for his birthday (Happy Birthday Carlos!). We tried it out last night for dinner (started with hotdogs from The Healthy Butcher - gotta work our way up). We also learned a great tip regarding corn on the cob - squeeze lime juice on it when buttering it up. It was seriously the best. Thanks Daniella!

18 comments:

  1. Summerrrrr!! Oh man, so glad you tried Porchetta & Co. It's so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect summer weekend. I'm so happy to have found your blog! I'm addicted already! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect summer feast! Beautiful photos, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peonies and BBQ! Perfect summer weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is the cutest little food / bbq set up. wishing i had a backyard to host a little get together like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really love when your post pop up on my list :)

    As for the tip of lime on my freshly BBQ'd corn, will do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm that looks delicious! i'm so trying lime on my corn on the cob. i freaking love barbequing...i think i'm going to get one of the portable bodum bbqs, since our backyard is a mini, not a maxi. happy bday carlos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This magazine is awesome, thanks for sharing! Btw love your food photographs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh all that good looks delicious!
    I love your photos :)

    nightofbones.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness, I need to get my ass to Porchetta & Co. asap; thanks for the tip off!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fantastic photos ... I must say I'm jealous of all those delicious treats you've shared. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. your blog is sooo kick ass! love your posts- they are soo real and unpretentious x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks, all xo

    cocamia - it's on dundas west: http://www.porchettaco.com/location.html you MUST go.

    ReplyDelete