*
*
*
*
*

SHELVES AND ELLE GIRL KOREA



Carlos (who is also responsible for the installation on the right) made some shelves to display our favourite magazines - the covers are so beautiful I always feel like they should be up on the wall rather than in a stack on our coffee table. Especially Acne Paper. I bought the postcard version of the Louise Bourgeois Be Calm print in Paris (at Palais de Tokyo) after admiring it in these photos of Cheri's apartment. The masking tape is MT, which I picked up at Merci (whyyy didn't I get more when living in Seoul).

And another for the bedroom - that little t table card needed a place to stand!

Speaking of Seoul, I was part of Elle Girl Korea's 100th issue which celebrated the taste of 100 global girls. There I am at no. 54 talkin' about stuff I like, such as Apartamento, Acne Paper, Zadie Smith, Nars Schiap, Karen Walker sunglasses, Robyn, and Korean stationery.

17 comments:

  1. Cuuuuuuuute!

    Psst! You can get MT tape at The Paper Place or order it here: http://www.omiyage.ca/ (I have loads of it kicking around).

    ReplyDelete
  2. thaanks! ahh, yes, i found some at the paper place -but it was so cheap in Korea, I feel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bookshelves! So cool that you were in Elle Korea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. coooool...i love the idea of the two-tiered shelf in the 3rd shot! man. i need to get me some building-things skillz. heh.

    also, congrats on the mag-mention! korean magazines seem to pick up on awesome stuff first, methinks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're in great company! And those bookshelves are lovely--were they difficult to make? It would be great to see a DIY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah jason schwartzman! these shelves look ridiculously good, everything is displayed so lovely! good work on the elle girl coverage :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Obsessed w/all these items especially Jason Schwartzman and Adele.

    http://www.designers-artists.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Display shelves are a fantastic idea ... sometimes to be seen things are better on walls than laying flat on table tops. :)

    Well done on the magazine entry.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just stumbled across your blog today and I found myself browing through some of your old posts entertained by your beautiful pictures and adventures! Plus, I think I got a sweet tooth drooling over the delish confections you featured!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the shelves, such a great idea. ... now where is my handy man to make me some :)

    jess

    http://pinkindielondon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh my, your new shelves look fantastic! i expect to see you featured in apartamento next :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I agree that many magazines are much too nice to look at to simply pile up out-of-sight. Charming idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The shelves are really cute (I thought about buying them too!)
    Five years ago I bought Be Calm card too, since it moves with me in 4 differents places always somewhere hooked around my desk.

    Congratulations for being part of the Elle.

    And thank you for your birthday wishes! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. i looove the lil' things placed randomly on the walls- super cute x

    ReplyDelete
  15. shelves look great! i have a huge crush on jason schwartzman..

    i made i too - no.10!

    http://whatdanilikes.blogspot.com/2011/06/elle-girl-korea.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this is amazing! Congratulation for Elle !

    ReplyDelete