*
*
*
*
*

SUNDAY DINNERS


Jim Haynes once invented a verb to describe what he does. The verb is 'to fuller'. Fullering, according to Jim, means to spend your time and energy joyfully. And the first payment for fullering is the happiness that comes from doing what you're doing. Jim Haynes himself is a bona fide fullerer, and, as befits a fullerer, he proudly proclaims he hasn't worked a day in his life.
(
excerpt from apartamento)

On Thursday I picked up the latest issue of apartamento (get yours at Robber) and practically screamed when I flipped to the following article about Jim Haynes. Before going to Paris, Gill emailed me to see if I wanted to attend one of Jim Haynes' Sunday Dinners. I hadn't yet heard of him and thought, why not. We were put on the waiting list, but Jim assured us that we would most likely be able to attend.



And attend we did. Here are some pictures I took from the Sunday Dinner we were at - which happened to fall on Easter Sunday. The menu? Rabbit cassoulet, of course. Accompanied by a crisp apple and beet salad, with brownies and ice cream for dessert. And lots of red wine. As the weather was nice, the party spilled out into his garden. I didn't take too many photos of the evening, as I was distracted by the good food and company (and balancing my plate and cup). We met people from all over the world and ended up continuing the night with some girls from London. If you get the chance, I highly suggest trying to head over to Jim's one Sunday.


6 comments:

  1. i think it worthed waiting and attending the dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always find it hard to take so many photos at certain events. It looks like you had a really delicious meal. I wish all dinners could spill out onto gardens! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for getting me excited about paris. i know i've said it before, but i think you know more about this place than i do after two years. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. secretly have been enjoying your photos for several weeks now... this post nearly stopped my heart! A dinner, in Paris? This sounds interesting! I'm leaving for Paris in about a week, on a writing assignment for 30 days... this would be amazing to write about for a glossy here in Toronto. I'm going to look into this... so, thank you for sharing it.
    -sandyb

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the images of the article and that big salad...let me at it!

    ReplyDelete