*
*
*
*
*

LATELY

I've been eating millions of grapefruits (and trying to - unsuccessfully - ward off getting sick).I've been enjoying keeping track of January with Fieldguided's Dreamcats Calendar. Thanks, Anabela and Geoff!
I finally found time to revisit Hoof Cafe to have their Ploughman's breakfast AKA amazing charcuterie at 10am (not pictured: spot prawns and grits + bone marrow donuts, which were, if possible, even more amazing).
I received a really lovely package from Satu in Helsinki with her latest zine full of beautiful shots taken while she was visiting Seoul. Above is an alley in my favourite neighbourhood, Hongdae. On the right is the Quattro, a restaurant that Carlos and I always ate at.

I've also been trying to cook more at home - here is a recent recipe from smitten kitchen: chard and white bean stew. It was sooo good, and yielded lots of leftovers. I'm usually hit or miss when it comes to making poached eggs, but this time was a success.

15 comments:

  1. Love that wallpaper so much! http://fieldguided.blogspot.com/2010/04/hoof-cafe.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh, your pictures are so nice, anabela! i was sitting too close to the acorns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so want to flip through that zine.
    your dinner looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that stew sounds so delicious! looks like lately, things have beautiful around you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i hope you have a special grapefruit eating spoon.they make life with a grapefruit much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Celine, the zine is so good! Satu has more pictures of it on her site.

    Lizzie, the stew was really yummy - I highly suggest making it.

    Tiffany - sadly, no. My mom has some sterling silver ones at home, but I have yet to find one of my own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor grapefruit, I took a big sip of milk after eating one once and it was a horrible experience. I haven't had one since. I really should give it another try. (Without the milk)

    Yay for Dreamcats! I have my calender up and I love walking by those kittens. You take such wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I love Hoof Cafe! Will have to try their breakfast next time we're in town!

    ReplyDelete
  9. erica-knits - milk and grapefruit - I won't be trying that! Ahhh, Dreamcats are the best!
    Thank you:)

    Victoire - Yes, you must!!! I recommend their spot prawns and grits...and of course, the tongue grilled cheese. I have yet to try dinner there, though! Soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. lately i've been eating grapefruits like crazy too. i'm so glad I found your blog. it's so glorious!

    purplemonkey732.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. your pictures are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. your photos are so pretty, makes me want to eat a grapefruit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These photos look so nice together! I especially love the food ones. I love Smitten Kitchen, I should give that stew a try!

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, what great things to have!
    that salami platter... i love!
    what a great cat calendar

    ReplyDelete