*
*
*
*
*

ENJOYING SEOUL

I am lucky/feel so excited to be featured in the November issue of Elle Girl Korea! The spread covers how young photographers/bloggers enjoy their weekends throughout the world. I truly loved spending my weekends in Seoul, as it's just such a vibrant city (I can't express this enough) with so much to do - it seemed like new things were popping up with each and every weekend, making it a wonderful place to explore.

Here are a few things I miss about Saturdays and Sundays in that special city:

- Hongdae on Saturday afternoon (going here, here, and here)
- Late nights at the traditional k-pop bar (and eating the most lovely Korean food I've ever had)
- Art galleries and MMMG in Samcheong-dong
- Pop-up flea markets (here, here, and here)
- Dongdaemun market
- Eating and shopping in Sinsa-dong
- A quick swing through Insadong
- Itaewon (here, here, and here)
- The Book Society and The Books
- Special friends

Oh, Seoul. Maybe I'm just too sentimental, but I hope I can go back sooner rather than later.

8 comments:

  1. yay soooo nice! congrats! do you have plans to go back? i so wish i could, trying to somehow find the way...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, satu! i have no plans to go back as of yet - just settling into toronto life. but i want to go eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's so great. i was in korea this summer and i miss it terribly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ELLEgirl! I thought all of them had stopped being published in the world, it was my favourite magazine.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Well-deserved, you know that if I visit Seoul yours is the first guidebook I'm 'reaching' for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations Katie. I am so proud of you--I loved holding the magazine in my hands and looking in the table of contents for your article when it arrived from Korea. I just wish I had my very own copy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi again, i mentioned this post on my blog today. suddenly i have a urge to make some kind of small seoul guide zine with you! have you even been thinking of making one?

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats!!! just stopped by the first time - lovely blog ^^

    ReplyDelete